EB-1A Visa: Alien of Extraordinary Ability
An EB-1A Visa/Green Card may be available to you if you can prove you are an alien with an extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts (television/music industry) or athletics.
Are you a nationally or internationally renowned artist, entertainer, or athlete?
If you have received international recognition such as a Nobel Prize or an Academy Award in the film industry, that type of elite award is sufficient to qualify. However, all other aliens of extraordinary ability will need to meet three of the following 10 USCIS criteria in order to qualify for this unique employment-based, first-preference visa:
- You have received other prestigious nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence in your field.
- You are a member of distinguished associations which require that their members have outstanding achievements that have been judged and recognized by national or international experts in their fields.
- There is published material in professional/major trade publications or major media about you and relating to your field of work
- You have participated as a judge—individually or as a part of a panel—evaluating the work of others
- You have made original scientific, scholarly or artistic contributions of major significance
- You have authored scholarly articles in professional journals or other major media
- You have artistic exhibitions and shows
- You have a leading role within an organization/establishment with a distinguished reputation
- You have a high salary/compensation for your services in comparison to others
- You have commercial success within the performing arts, as shown by either box office receipts or by cassette, compact disk, video, or DVD sales figures
You must also show that your admission into the United States will substantially benefit the U.S. in the future.
After being told by other attorneys that they didn’t qualify as “aliens of extraordinary ability,” a journalist and a music composer consulted with Nalbandian Law. “In each case,” Mr. Nalbandian said, “we carefully examined their claim and determined we could successfully represent them. Their EB-1A petitions were approved, and they both now have EB-1A visas.”
Nalbandian Law is dedicated to helping you succeed in all types of immigration issues—from fiancé visas and EB-1A visas to the most difficult deportation cases. Over the past 15 years, we have maintained a 99% success rate* for our clients. Read more about Nalbandian Law Immigration Services.
Schedule a Consultation Today!
Call Nalbandian Law at (818) 244-0310 or contact us online for a personal consultation with one of our experienced immigration lawyers about EB-1A visas. We will review your situation and explain how our top-notch preparation can help you qualify for a green card as an “alien of extraordinary ability.”
*Approval rates do not guarantee future approval of your petition. No attorney can ethically guarantee any outcome. Always consult with a licensed, competent immigration attorney such as the experienced immigration attorneys at Nalbandian Law before filing your case.